Dark Elites
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our forums! The guild Dark Elites was founded October 31, 2007 by SweetAngel. We hope you enjoy your stay.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruiting new members

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chiuchia
Rank VI: Ivory Dofus
chiuchia

Female
Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Recruiting new members Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Probably everyone has noticed that guild went pretty inactive. It's actually hard not to notice. Most of the time we have like 5 members online, so it shouldn't be a surprise that people leave all the time.

I don't like it, and I believe nobody does. People want to do stuff and there is no one to team up with. So... why don't everyone try to find those new members?

If everyone would devote just a bit of their time and try to recruit some new members I'm sure guild would benefit a lot. Because I can't do everything myself. I can only log in evenings, and a bit on weekends. And I can't recruit all the time.

So if you guys want an active guild, I think you should think how you yourself can contribute to it. My idea is to give recruitment rights to people with Reservist rank and above.

Also, I was trying to find good reasons why we accept only mains, but not alts. And I failed to find them. I think at the moment lack of members id far more damaging than presence of alt but not main... And already have some alts of older members. Or not that old ones too.

If you have some thoughts about it, please post them here. Reasons why you don't like it, or why you think it's a good idea, or any suggestions, etc.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
nova-kun
Rank III: Ice Dofus
nova-kun

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:32 pm

could you please copy the recruiting message here i keep forgetting to email it to my work address!
Back to top Go down
nova-kun
nova-kun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:01 pm

2 ppl in like 10 min of recruiting both under lvl 100 but were asking if they can join... i know the rules but yeah.. names polo-striker, xtankx
Back to top Go down
nova-kun
nova-kun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:43 am

Back to top Go down
chiuchia
chiuchia

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am

Oh my, good job! Was thinking of posting something like that on imps. Thanks, Nova.

But could you maybe rename it and remove "support"? Because it feels like... idk, like guild is having hard time? (Although it does, but not sure we should say this). But that's just my opinion Smile Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
nova-kun
nova-kun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:10 am

ok i took out the support part but now we just need the odd bump to keep the thread alive... im also gonna post it on the dofus forums later
Back to top Go down
Felm
Rank II: Cawwot Dofus
Felm

Male
Number of posts : 69
Humor : Humor: Humor: Humor: Humor: Humor:
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:08 am

Critical Hit set up a recruitment thread on Imps Village a while ago, and honestly, I can't say it helped. At all.

If you would like to really get some people to join the guild, you will need to recruit players with the recruitment channel. I did it for Critical Hit. It worked. Over 30 people were invited to the guild within two weeks.

It's been over a month since I last recruited anybody to Critical Hit and there is still a fair number of members who have stayed put. This may be because more people are aware Critical Hit is out there and is growing.

If you're the leader of a guild and want your guild to grow, then expect to spend time recruiting.
Back to top Go down
chiuchia
chiuchia

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks, Felm.

I know, and I've done this. A bit tired of this though. I don't think that the leader alone should be responsible for this though. I don't want to put everything on a plate ready to use. For me guild is more like a group of people working together, not just one doing all his/her best to keep guild alive.
Back to top Go down
Felm
Felm

Male
Number of posts : 69
Humor : Humor: Humor: Humor: Humor: Humor:
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Have you ever tried giving out prizes to the person who invited the most people to the guild within one month? The prizes can be, say, 200kk for a level 120+, and only 100kk for anybody below that. I haven't tried it for Critical Hit, so I'm not so sure how well it would work.
Back to top Go down
chiuchia
chiuchia

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Actually I was thinking of something similar. I guess I need to think about it again =)

Thanks for your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting new members   Recruiting new members Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting new members
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Elites :: Community :: Recruitment-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com